Learn about the eventful history of Switzerland – once a low-wage country and today known to be one of the richest countries in the world. This tour gets you behind closed doors and stops at places normally inaccessible to the public. Our local guides will give you their personal and well researched insight into different aspects of Switzerlands history: Banking, the watch industry, our national hero William Tell and the foundation of Switzerland. No other tour offers exclusive access behind the scenes at the Tellspiele (Interlaken's open air William Tell theatre) and the Tourist Museum Unterseen!
The Story of Switzerland is not about learning thousands of dates and historical facts, but instead it is an interactive way to cut the surface and see what’s behind the image of Switzerland.
- When? Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. April until September at 4 pm, October until March at 1.45 pm
- Where? Right across the road from MC Donald's, close to Interlaken West train station. Click here for google map: https://goo.gl/maps/uoXx73M4Txk
- Duration? Around 2.5 hours.
- Costs? CHF 39.- for adults and CHF 19.- for children up to 16 years of age.
- Additional information: Bring your Interlaken Visitor's card with you (available from your Hotel reception).
We're looking forward to showing you the REAL history of Switzerland!
Images © Christian Pfander
- Tourist Museum Unterseen
- 4 pm meeting point
- Learn about banks, watch industry and pharmaceutical industry
- Get on the bus to Matten and go on stage of the open air theatre of the ‘Tellspiele’
- Get on the bus to Unterseen and have an exclusive tour through the Tourist Museum Unterseen